Saturday, August 7, 2010

Green Star Apple

Green Star Apple (vú sữa)

















We found this interesting fruit in Marrickville last weekend. This suburb is our favourite place to do Vietnamese groceries. They have complete Vietnamese herbs and spices selection at low prices. The butcheries also provide fresh meats.

Although we have been to Marrickville many times before, we saw this fruit for the first time. Thu said that it is rare and we should try it. He remembers that it's nice and sweet. We bought one and it was $3 (quite pricey I thought). Just found an information from Google: green star apple tree bears fruit year around after it reaches about seven years of age. It's truly a rare fruit!

Anyway, I couldn't wait any longer to eat this fruit when we reached home. I have never tried it before. I cut in half and it was very pretty.


I asked Thu how to eat it?!? He said it's like eating kiwi but leave a bit more flesh near the skin as it will be a bit bitter. And... I loved it! Not much fragrance but the texture was unique. Here is the picture when I enjoyed my half of Vietnamese Green Star Apple.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment