Friday, October 23, 2009

Tangy Mango Frozen Yoghurt

I remember that we specifically bought a small grocery trolley last summer so that we can use it to buy mangoes in Paddy's market. Going to Paddy's market is so much fun, we got to walk from our place to there about 40 mins. Then, enjoy the shopping and everyone got so annoyed with our trolley. Hahaha... Paddy's market is always packed. Soon, we will be going to Paddy's market every weekend. As one of Thu's favorite fruits, I always try to stock up mangoes in the fridge. So he can enjoy them anytime.


I had been asked many times to make mango frozen yoghurt and I finally did it. The result was very satisfying. I honestly hate yoghurt. In my opinion, its after-taste is quite funny in my mouth. But, this frozen yoghurt tastes nothing like what I expected. If you have an ice-cream maker, try this. It's healthy as I reduced the amount of sugar and very very tasty!! Serve with fresh mango slices, roasted almond flakes and mint leaves. It looks very entertaining.

This recipe makes about 1 litre.

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium mangoes, peeled and sliced
  • 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 1/4 cup caster sugar
  • 250 gram plain yoghurt
  • 2 tbs rum essence
Preparation:
  1. Put the sliced mangoes and sugar into a juicer. Blend them until smooth.
  2. Add squeezed lemon and orange into the juicer. Blend them until well combined.
  3. Pour everything out from the juicer into a big bowl, mix in the plain yoghurt and rum. This takes about 5 mins to stir until the colour is uniform enough.
  4. Pour the content into the ice cream maker based on the manufacturer's directions.
  5. Serve with sliced mangoes, roasted almond flakes and mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment