Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tonkatsu (Deep Fried Pork Chop)

This is one of my mum's recipes that I brought along to my home here in Sydney. She often served Tonkatsu for dinner when I was young. I remember my dad put so much sauce on his pork chop while I refused to have any on mine. However, I love Tonkatsu sauce now and wouldn't cook this food without having the sauce sitting in the fridge. I believe that our taste buds could change their minds as we grow. Who knows I will be keen on eating raw oysters or sashimi in the future?!?

Ingredients (6 serves):
  • 6 pork chops
  • 1 bulb garlic (put into a juicer to make a garlic paste)
  • 5 tbs soy sauce
  • Korean bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cabbage (cut very thinly)
  • Tonkatsu sauce (Vegetable & Fruit sauce Bull-Dog brand)
  • vegetable oil for deep frying
Preparations:

Tenderize each pork chop piece on chopping board.























Make the marinating sauce (garlic paste and soy sauce).























Apply marinating sauce into each pork chop using a spoon. Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
















Apply bread crumbs generously to each pork chop.
















Deep fry pork chop for approx. 5 mins each side or until it turns golden. Drain on paper towel to get rid off excess oil. Serve with cut cabbage and Tonkatsu sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment