Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bok Choy with Garlic and Ginger

I got this recipe from a cooking book by Martha Stewart Living (annual recipes 2005). I like this dish as it is very simple to prepare and it tastes delicious. The ingredients are easily found in the supermarket downstairs where I live. For a great result, you have to remember to get a young ginger and use a good soy sauce. I have been using kikkoman in all of my cooking. This soy sauce is naturally brewed and has no MSG added to it.


I am originally from Indonesia and my family has been using "ABC" brand soy sauce (kecap asin ABC). When I came to Sydney in 2002, I was so pleased to find "ABC" brand soy sauce in an asian supermarket and since then, I had used it. One day, Thu and I found out that ABC soy sauce has MSG and other preservatives added to it. If you concern about this, you might want to switch to kikkoman.

Ingredients:

  • 3 tbs sesame oil
  • 1 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 piece of young ginger (minced)
  • 1 bunch of bok choy
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 3 tbs water to dilute the soy sauce
Preparation:
  1. Wash the bok choy and cut in half. Blanch the bok choys in a boiling water for 30 second and drain them. 
  2. Heat the wok and add the sesame oil to it. Add minced garlic and ginger and stir fry until all turned slightly golden. 
  3. Add the soy sauce diluted in water and it is ready for the bok choys. Mix the sauce with bok choys in a bowl and it is ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment