Monday, August 24, 2009

Pistachio & Dark Chocolate Brownies

No matter if you are good in baking or not, you should be able to make these brownies (no mixer required). I got this recipe from my colleague, Ken Wyse, who is a great cook. He made these brownies once for his lab's morning tea. There were some left behind and I tasted one of them. Oh la la...... It was so good. I asked Ken for the recipe. I baked once with almond instead of pistachio and brought to the lab meeting. My friends loved them and asked for the recipe. As a result, the girls in the Fatkin group got a copy of Ken's brownies recipe!!
Ingredients:
  •  85 gr unsalted butter
  • 45 gr cocoa powder
  • 225 gr caster sugar (I usually reduce it to 180 gr)
  • 2 extra large eggs
  • 55 gr plain flour
  • 0.5 tsp baking powder
  • 0.5 tsp salt
  • 115 gr nuts or 150 gr chocolate (I usually use 80 gr pistachios and 40 gr dark chocolate >50% cocoa)
Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 C deg
  2. Melt butter
  3. Stir in cocoa and sugar
  4. Add egg one at a time
  5. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt
  6. Beat gently
  7. Fold in nut and/or chocolate
  8. Pour in brownies tin
  9. Bake for 30 mins
  10. Cut into medium-sized squares when cold

No comments:

Post a Comment